Have you ever felt free enough to dance and shine?



September 20, 2021



I saw this somewhere and it spoke to me.  As a child I might have wanted to dance like this but, my mother would have said, "don't make a spectacle of yourself." of course as I got older I wouldn't let myself feel this vulnerable and free.  Why do we lose our sense of spontaneity as we age?  It's all about should's and don'ts and what will people think? 

This is a brave child



She feels it




http://effywild.com

Thanks for reading.


7 comments:

Sue B said...

Awww...these were so sweet, Jean! Thank you! It reminded me that when i was a kid I would jump at things if i got excited. The neighbours across the street always said they could tell when something good was on TV because they'd see me jumping away in the living room. Lol. <3

Unknown said...

This made my heart leap with joy! Thank you for sharing!

Effy said...

Oh, the sweetness! Thank you so much for sharing. <3

Jean Maurie said...

That is so sweet thinking of you jumping when you were excited Sue. Do you still jump occasionally?

Jean Maurie said...

I'm glad your heart leapt with joy Unknown. I loved it that much too.

Jean Maurie said...

Yes the sweetness indeed Effy. I wish we could all be this free.

Tamara Sagathevan said...

I just came here from a very heavy but beautiful blog post - and now I feel happiness and sweetness. I still dance in public, maybe not as exuberantly as I want, but it's an impulse I can't control, and I love it. I wish you a chance to dance Sweetest Kindest Jean <3