Twelve Days Ago

 Here it is twelve days since I blogged.  I finished thirty days of blogging and loved it so much that I wonder why I wasn't keeping up with it.  I don't know.  Maybe it was because my birthday and Mother's day came during those twelve days and I don't really like either one of them.  I know, sacrilegious huh!  I have a great son who I face timed with on Mother's Day.  And I like myself mostly, so it isn't that I don't like my birthday.  It's just that we're supposed to celebrate the day somehow.  Like on my FB page, I got almost 200 Happy BD likes and most of them said "enjoy the day". I loved them, I really felt wrapped in a nice, warm loving blanket.   But what does that "enjoy your day" mean? Take myself out to eat? Watch a movie, read a book, buy myself flowers...?  Before Covid we'd go out to eat and that was always fun.  Asiana, the Chinese buffet in Asheville always gave a free meal on our birthdays.  We love that place, so much to choose from, so that was where we'd go. But the last two years no buffets.   Even though I'm fully vaccinated I still don't feel completely safe eating inside a restaurant.  Thank goodness for takeout's.  I did get my Culver's fix though. Butter burgers, French fries and onion rings.  Yum.  




A friend gave me a gift card to Amazon that I always use for books on my kindle. That is my favorite gift. I'm not a buying flowers type of person though. They do smell pretty, that's for sure.  


  I use my Barnes and Noble credit card to buy take out food. When I reach a certain number of points I get a Barnes and Noble gift card for $25.  I have 2 of them so it's been fun to look through their web site.  I'm thinking of getting a second pack of Radleigh Valentine's Angel Wisdom Tarot cards for more learning and practicing.  I love these cards. Not only are the images beautiful but they are so easy to shuffle. 





 Barnes and Noble have a lot of art books and blank journals.  I could buy these online but I love browsing in the store.   Actually I need to get rid of books.  The print is getting too small to read and I'm thinking of donating a lot of them.  So why go to a book store and buy more? Hmm..  Large Print books are so expensive though. I'm glad for my kindle.  

So maybe I won't want twelve days to write another blog.  Until the next one... 








11 comments:

Morgaine Pendragon said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!
I don't like to celebrate mine either. I don't like all the fuss. Or maybe it's because I never had parties and such as a kid, who knows.
I've only been to Culver's once, I had the fish and chips which was very good.

Jean Maurie said...

Thank you for the Happy Birthday. I guess I don't like all the fuss either. I was on a zoom call on my birthday night with my tapping group and they made a big fuss over me. I did enjoy that. I just think it's because doing something very special is expected. We gave my bro a surprise birthday party and he was so surprised but he didn't like it. When I was so agoraphobic my friends brought me a birthday party. I thought that was nice.

My husband likes Culver's fish and chips a lot.

Donna said...

Happy birthday, I have to say I'm not a fan of mine either as I hit the 5-0 this year!
I loved Barnes & Noble when we had it in the UK. I miss that store, but we have Waterstones and I can't wait to get back there!

Kim Switzer said...

Happy birthday a bit late! I always plan some sort of experience (road trip, museum visit, stuff like that) for my birthdays, but it's a lot harder with Covid. But Culver's! That makes up for a lot. We don't have them out here in Oregon, but I had it in Minnesota when my mom was at Mayo, and they've put one back home in the Chicago suburbs so I get to have it when I'm home to visit. Now I'm wondering if I could figure out how to make one of their burgers. Hmmm...

Effy said...

Happy Birthday!! That burger looks soooooo goooooood. <3

Jean Maurie said...

Donna, I remember how it felt to be 50 and it bothered me too. Once you get past that actual date, hopefully it will feel better. I did better at 51 than 50. Same with 60 and 61. Is Waterstones better than Barnes and Noble? Or about the same?

Jean Maurie said...

That's a good idea to plan something special for your birthday Kim. Yes Covid sure made it hard this year. Look what I found! https://copykat.com/culvers-butter-burgers/ Maybe it will help. I'm going to try it too.

Jean Maurie said...

Yes Effy that Culvers hamburg is good but I also crave the french fries. Yum. Thanks for the birthday wishes. Mothers Day and my birthday are usually only days apart. Mother had me when she was 18, almost ready to turn 19.

Empire of the Cat said...

Happy Birthday! I don't really like mine either but I do like celebrating other people's, weird huh. Have you tried audiobooks? You might enjoy listening to something really good, some of the narrators are amazing. Elle xx

Jean Maurie said...

Thanks Ellet, Yes I like to celebrate other people’s birthdays. However I do like myself so that’s not why I don’t like my birthday.
I don’t like audio books for the most part. Why? Because they put me to sleep and I have to start over. LOL. I have listened to a few and did some drawing or knitting. That helped. But yes it is a good idea.

Cheryl Turtlemoon said...

Belated birthday wishes! I love my birthday, i feel whatever I do , it’s totally for me, and I don’t have to give an excuse. :) however I know things are different right now, but it’s still your day, and I think, that “enjoy your day” is suggesting that you can rest and chill. Remember, you’re a gift !