Day 3 Ramblings

 So I've been basking in reading blogs and replying with enjoyment.  I got so many ideas for writing my own until they all disappeared.  Where did they go? What happened?  I guess overload is the word.  But it was fun.  

"Stop reading and write your own." I told myself. But I didn't listen and kept reading and procrastinating.  Finally I made myself stop and start writing.  Ha, nothing happened.  I shuffled angel cards asking, "what do I blog about today?"  I pulled 3 cards, tried to photograph them and the whole thing felt Blah.  I put them back in the box and read some more blogs.  

"Ok enough already, WRITE!"  All right already, I'm writing. 

This reminds me of when I was writing Confession stories back in the 1980s.  I would be writing and another idea would pop into my head.  I stopped working on the story in front of me and started another story with the new idea.   Yes I did finish and sold a bunch but I ended up with a lot of unfinished stories too. I really don't want a pile of unfinished blog drafts now.  




Has this happened to any of you and how did you work through it and be productive?

I am glad I'm writing a blog for 30 days with you all even if not every one I write is not the best.  I love myself anyhow.


Blogging with Effy

4 comments:

Tania said...

I don’t know what to write either. However I’m really enjoying reading the blogs, So...I’ll play along and post. I’m glad you are too

Jean Maurie said...

Good on playing along and posting too Tania. I'm looking forward to reading yours. Thanks for replying.

Morgaine Pendragon said...

I've struggled with what to write about, but once I narrow it down it's not so bad. I was where you were yesterday though. I kept reading and reading and procrastinating on my own post. Finally though I got around to it.

I have a bunch of unfinished stories that I've started mostly during NaNoWriMo. A couple were begun randomly because an idea popped into my head, but still they too are unfinished. I don't know if I will ever finish them.

Cheryl Turtlemoon said...

I’m finding it hard to find things to write, I’ve just got to get in the swing of it.

I love your parting comment “I love myself anyhow” . Very powerful!