Art Fifty Three Years Ago - Day19

When I found these sketches that I created back in the late 60s I was amazed.  I knew these were mine but I had forgotten that I was this creative.  What happened?  Why did I stop?  53 years ago.  What if I had continued practicing my art? What if I had taken some lessons? I know it's not too late.  I've been telling myself I was going to learn Procreate an art program on my iPad, but I haven't done much with it.  I'm not beating myself up, just really curious about what's going on here.  No, I'm not comparing either.  

While finding these pictures I also found two empty art pads. Maybe these pictures are all I'll draw.  Is that wrong?  Or does it matter? I don't know.  

I am enjoying blogging and am being more consistent than I am with creating art.  ????















I like to blog and I'm blogging every day in April with a group of over 300 creative bloggers on Effy's blog-along




http://effywild.com


5 comments:

Kimi said...

I used to, and stopped and now I take effys courses and creat art all the time! I say go for it

Nicole said...

I found some art that I’d done in 1990, a coup,e of years ago, so I started taking classes again. It’s been fun. Thank you for sharing your old art 💗

Sue B said...

I like your art from all that time ago and I like that you like your art. Hope you do decide to meander back into it if you want to. If you have some basic supplies and good paper or cardboard or something, Effy's Journal James may be a good place to start--even to watch. They can be wildly inspiring and addictive! Meanwhile, I'm enjoying your blog. <3

Effy said...

I love your art! I think you'd love Journal Jams. <3

Jean Maurie said...

I have never taken a drawing/painting class. I will watch Effy's Journal Jam. I don't know that I want to actually paint but I like colored pencils, crayons and of course I want to learn procreate.

Thank you for reading, and your suggestions...

Kimi, Nicole, Sue B, and Effy :)