Lunch

Stir fry vegetables with cheese is one of our favorite meals and It is so healthy.  



I chop zucchini squash, mushrooms, onions, red pepper and put them in a non stick skillet with olive oil.   Sometimes I put in cabbage or eggplant.  Or even yellow summer squash.  It all depends on what I have and what sounds good at the time.  I saute these vegetables for about ten minutes, then I add chopped garlic and some garlic powder and other spices.  While the vegetables are finishing cooking I open a can of chicken stock (you can of course use vegetable stock) and a bottle of low sodium soy sauce.  I drizzle the soy sauce around once or twice and add about the same amount of broth.  Then I throw in a big handful of cheese. We like the taco blend cheese or mexican blend.

I serve this with either quinoa or brown rice. I've even eaten it over whole wheat pasta.  I haven't tried pesto but I bet that would be good too.

Yes one can add tomato sauce or alfredo too.

What would you add to this dish?

 



1 comment:

Morgaine Pendragon said...

When I saute my veggies I sometimes like to add a splash of lemon juice (depending on what veggies I have in the pan) or even a couple of squirts of an oil based salad dressing say Sundried Tomato or similar. Gives it a nice bit of tang.