Saturn, The Devil and Mercury retrograde had a party in my room last night



 September 15, 2021

Last night I went to plug my iPad into a strip to charge and everything went dark in my room.  The Universal Power Supply that I plug my desktop computer into along with the monitor and printer started blinking green.  When I pushed it, the computer shut down without being shut down properly.  My light and clock were off too.  I grabbed the flashlight, took the clock and plugged into another outlet. Nothing.  So Bernie started to move this bookcase so we could test another socket and the bookcase fell apart!




That socket didn't work either and we were sure that something baaad had happened.  He tried flipping some breakers while I googled green blinking light on my UPS.  Ah, Google told me the power supply was running strictly on battery so with no outlets working it was just a matter of time before the battery ran down.

I had a box of colored pencils, crayons, stickers and other creative things in a box and it opened up all over the floor.  Colored pencils everywhere! It's still a mess and I have books and angels on my bed and more angels and pencils on the counter in my bathroom.


Luckily he discovered there was a breaker just for this room and the UPS stopped blinking and turned a solid green.  Since it was so late we decided to leave everything alone and fix it in the morning. I grabbed my pillow, blanket, things to charge and headed to the living room.  It was a warm and comfy place to sleep.  

I'm back writing this on my desktop. My electronics are working but the room is still a mess.  I'm not in a hurry to get it all back together, just thankful nothing major had to be replaced. 



http://effywild.com

Thank you for reading.



2 comments:

Tamara Sagathevan said...

I am not laughing at your inconvenience or pain, but that title had me in stitches! Somedays it just goes like that! My partner and I have been subjected to drilling continuously since April, he left home for two days and sent me a message to say...his hotel is drilling. We had such a good laugh. Goodluck cleaning up and glad it wasn't something serious

Jean Maurie said...

I love laughing so that's good you laughed. I did too in a way. I mean gosh, everything seemed to happen at once plus it was close to bedtime. I wasn't that pained either but I would have been if we had to have an electrician come in and fix sockets. Actually I felt very lucky.

Drilling? What?