Feeling like a Slug



 September 14, 2021

I didn't feel like getting up this morning. Felt heavy, logy and blah. I did some silent tapping, didn't have the energy to use my fingers.  Yeah, one of those mornings.  After breakfast I tried to go through some boxes of music that were on a table in the carport but the mosquitoes about took me home with them.  I started sweeping the front porch and another batch of mosquitoes made themselves known all over my legs.  So I hurried inside.

Feeling unmotivated I found this and had to laugh.


Yes, that's how I've been feeling after hearing about so many Covid breakthrough's after getting fully vaccinated. 

Since there's nothing I can do about it, I certainly didn't feel like getting myself more blah and down, so I turned on Leave it to Beaver.  Yes there was dressed up June Cleaver cleaning her house in high heels and wearing pearls.  Ward comes home,  goes right to his newspaper and doesn't hear a word June says to him.  But she's pretty feisty and pulls the same thing on him. They both laugh.  

Of course little Beaver Cleaver is in some kind of trouble and his big brother Wally tries to help him but it doesn't always work.  Ward starts in on the Beav and good old June tries to smooth things over.  

For some reason I love watching these old shows. I always wanted to be like June except for the high heels and I kinda thought Ward was cute.  Don't hate me, ok?  LOL  After all that was the era when I was first married and trying to be the best wife ever.😩😩



We had homemade vegetable soup, I cleaned out the fridge and washed all the bowls and stuff. So here it is almost 4pm and I don't know if I feel better or not.  I know I have much to be grateful for including writing this blog and reading the others that have been posted. 
We have smoke from the wild fires out west in our area so maybe I'll get to take some pretty sunset pictures if it doesn't get cloudy.

http://effywild.com

Thank you for reading.

3 comments:

Tamara Sagathevan said...

I have never heard of this show. I have been rewatching shows from my childhood and teens recently, and while there are ALWAYS some problematic messages - 1) Nostalgia is so good 2) It shows where we were as society 3) That we are growing. I WISH I Could dress like that and wear pearls and heels - but pj's are also so comfortable in a pandemic :)

Sue B said...

Aw, Jean, some days are like that. Damitol. That made me laugh! Never apologize for what gets you through a day. I didn't grow up with Leave it to Beaver but it was hugely popular over here, I know. I'm glad you still enjoy it and I'm amazed that you cleaned out your fridge like that. I'd have needed a nap even thinking about that! May your tomorrow shine brighter. <3

Lorraine said...

I am sending you warm and positive energy, Jean! I hope there are many better days ahead! :)