A Woman Built her own Tiny House

 September 27, 2021

I didn't write my blog yesterday so I'll catch up at the end and that's ok.  I started to force myself to blog yesterday and started to feel guilty. Then I laughed and told myself it's all good.  And it is! 

I'm fascinated by Tiny Houses and watch them on TV and on You Tube.  The one I'm posting about today would not be my style but the fact that this woman built it herself with help, of course, is intriguing.  She knew she had no retirement saved and she needed a place to live economically when she retired. Her journey is fascinating to me.  

I think I could live in a Tiny House if I was alone.  But renting the lot to put it on might deter the savings.  The other deterrent would be bad storms.  A house on a trailer with wheels is not going to be safe in a bad wind storm or a tornado.  But what is safe in tornados? I think that would be my biggest worry, especially with the weather changes we're all experiencing now.

If this video speaks to you I hope you enjoy it.  If not, that's good too.




http://effywild.com

Thank you for reading.


5 comments:

Effy said...

I love love love tiny houses. I think if it weren't for how much stuff I need to run my business, I'd do quite nicely in one.

Renee said...

I adore tiny houses! This was great.

Sue B said...

I did watch the video all the way through and found it wonderfully inspiring. Thank you for sharing! <3

Morgaine Pendragon said...

I love tiny houses.
I read an article one time that said it was actually more affordable to rent or buy a small lot to put it on. But it was at least a couple of years ago, so a lot could have changed.

Donna said...

I love the idea of a tiny house, and I watch as many of these programs as I can. As a family of 4 and an artist I've got no hope of being in a tiny house. But I considered it when I was alone.