Lazy Hungry Monday




October 6, 2021

I started this post on Monday right before Facebook crashed.  Since I couldn't post it there I just left the blog and did some other stuff. In fact Monday was one of those lazy days that can be so relaxing if I let it.  I was going to do laundry and vacuum but I ended up not doing either and that was ok. 

Both of us wanted something different to eat. Do you ever get that way?  I'm very grateful for the food I have but sometimes I just want a change.  So we discussed ordering a pizza out or make it ourselves.  I had a pizza dough in the refrigerator so decided to make the pizza myself.

I sliced up a lot of mushrooms, onions and garlic while rolling out the dough. Then I remembered I had an eggplant in the refrigerator so I sliced that up in cubes and sautéed it with the rest of the cut up vegetables.  Last time I made this I used a half a jar of pizza sauce and refrigerated the rest.  It had to be used in 14 days and today was day 13.  I spread it on the pizza dough and covered it with the sautéed mushrooms, onions, garlic and eggplant.  Bernie covered it all with mozzarella cheese and popped it in the oven.  Here is the result.  We are going to eat the rest of it today topped with some ground beef I cooked last night.  Yum. 
Yesterday I felt more energetic so I vacuumed and did the laundry that I put off on Monday. It was easy - certainly easier than if I'd pushed myself on Monday.  I've pushed myself many times over the years and enough is enough.  Sure there are things that I need to do but laundry and vacuuming can usually wait.  I remember way back when, standing at the ironing board and getting the worst backaches.  I stopped that and told my family to buy wash and wear or learn to iron.  It worked! 

Today is Wednesday and we talked about going to the grocery store.  Will we or won't we?  I can put it off a while or maybe it would be good just to get out.  I do want to get a rotisserie chicken though. There's so much I can do with it.  I'm grateful that I have choices.  I'm also grateful for being able to be laid back about certain things. 

Speaking of getting out, we got our Pfizer booster vaccine on Friday so we feel more protected. I have two gift cards to use at Barnes and Noble and I'm looking forward to going into the store and browsing.  It's been a while since I've shopped in a store.  We'll still wear our masks though.  I'm not real laid back about protecting ourselves from the Corona Virus, thank you just the same. 

My 30 day blog-a-thon is over now but it reminded me of how I like to blog so here I am blogging again.  

What's going on in your life if you want to reply and share?  

Thank you for reading and maybe replying.





 

6 comments:

Francine said...

Oooh yum! Homemade pizzas are the best, and that looks delicious!

I hope you get to have a safe trip out. It is nice to be out sometimes. Here in France we still have to wear masks indoors, even if vaccinated. Our protocols seem to be working, which is a relief.

Jean Maurie said...

I want to explore other things to put on my pizza's. They are fun to make and fun to eat.

Do they enforce mask wearing in France? I'm sorry they don't do it here. It is amazing how many don't wear masks in the grocery stores. The stores say they can't enforce mask wearing. Something to do with private health protocol or who knows? I'm not paranoid but try to be safe.

Empire of the Cat said...

Homemade veggie pizza is the best, it looks delicious! We are still required to wear masks in shops etc here. I finally made some new ones as I got sick of wearing the same black mask and looking like a bandit lol. Happy Blogging! Elle/EOTC xx

Jean Maurie said...

LOL on looking like a bandit. I wonder what banks are doing about people coming in with masks on. Hmm. I have a mask with smiles all over it so I can smile at people with my mask on. Are they turning people away in shops if you don't have a mask on? I wish they did that here.

Yes the pizza was good and healthier too.

Unknown said...

Pizza! Yum! I've not made one in a while so I've put in on my make this weekend list! I live in a place that not only do they not wear masks but most aren't vaccinated. I tend to stay home a lot or only hang out with vaccinated folks. Stay safe!!

Morgaine Pendragon said...

That pizza you made looks so darn amazingly delicious!!
YAY for your booster shot!!