I can't wait until ....



How many times I've said, "I can't wait until school is out."  Or "I can't wait until I lose 20 lbs", "I can't wait until Friday, then I can have fun."

There are so many things we tell ourselves that when this or that is over we will be happier.  Or when this or that comes life will be better.

I spent my whole life telling myself I can't wait until....  I guess one has to get old to really realize what this means.  I saw this meme on Facebook this morning and it spoke to me. 



I kept thinking that if I got my house cleaned, the laundry done and bills paid I'd have time to read, write, play with art stuff, go to the movies ...





What if I hadn't waited until? What if I'd written more, painted more, played more? What if I had stopped waiting until... ?  Who was I trying to make happy? 

TIME FLIES




What are you putting off? What are you telling yourself? Are you going to dust instead of painting a picture? And if you do something you enjoy and feel guilty about it are you going to beat yourself up???

3 comments:

Morgaine Pendragon said...

I'm always telling myself that I can't do this or that until something is done, what ever that chore might be. But, there will always be dishes to do, laundry to do, (fill in the blank) to do. And yet......I always put off doing what I love, not necessarily to do the chore things but out of guilt for wanting to read, write, art, etc. Vicious cycle that is. Something I am trying to change.

Jean Maurie said...

I still do it too Effie. I'm trying to change it too. The work will never be done and life is short, we need to enjoy it more and play, do what we love.

Nolwenn said...

This is an issue that my husband has been pointing at me for years. I am better now, at not living either in the past or waiting for something in the future. I KNOW that the only thing we actually control is NOW, therefore it is the only thing that truly matters...